Pinterest isn’t just a place where people go to find recipes and wedding ideas anymore. It has become a visual search engine with many images that can be used as inspiration. So, it’s a unique way for your business to show what its products or services can do. You can use the platform to give your target audience solutions or ideas. With increasing opportunities, Pinterest has launched Pinterest Ads to help businesses get most of it.
Pinterest Ads are the Next Big Thing
Pinterest Ads look like regular Pins, but they’ve been paid for, so they are higher in relevant search results. Users with a Pinterest Business account can choose to promote their best-performing pins, create a new image or video, or even promote an idea pinned from a website. Once an ad is set up in Pinterest Ads Manager, it will appear in users’ Home feeds and relevant search results.
With Pinterest Ads, you can reach the right people for your brand based on their age, location, interests, and demographics like age and location. They’re one of the best ways to get people to your site, make more sales, and spread the word about your brand.
Current Market: Stating Dominance of Pinterest Globally
- 1. Pinterest is where 61% of Pinners go to start a new project.
- 2. Pinterest keeps getting more significant year after year. There are now 444 million users who log in every month.
- 3. 97% of the most popular Pinterest searches are unbranded.
- 4. Pinterest users are seven times more likely to say Pinterest influences their purchasing decisions.
- 5. Pinterest’s quarterly advertising reach is increasing at a rate of 6.2%, while Facebook’s is growing at a rate of 2.2%.
- 6. Over in Europe, Pinterest is most popular in Germany with over 15 million users. This is followed by France (11 million) and the United Kingdom (8.76 million).
- 6. Pinners are 66% more inclined to try new companies and stick with them.
- 7. 38% of Pinterest users are between 50 and 64 years old, making this age group the largest on the site.
Different Types of Advertising Solutions on Pinterest
Pinterest has different ads that can help you reach your campaign goals.
Before you start a Pinterest ad campaign, you should find out what each format is suitable for.
Standard Pins are one of the most popular ads on Pinterest and for a good reason. The Standard Pin format lets you show off products and content in simple vertical or square image or video formats. Once a user saves a Standard Pin ad to a board, the “Promoted by” label goes away, turning it into a standard Pin that can be shared in the Pinterest ecosystem.
Users who click on a Standard Pin ad are immediately redirected to your website with just one tap.
Carousel ads are similar to Standard Pins, but they let users swipe through multiple images or videos (called “cards”) in a single Pin. You can add anywhere from 2 to 5 cards to Carousel ads. There is a title, a description, and a link for each card. This is a great way to increase the number of conversion opportunities from a single Pin. This ad format is great if you want to promote more than one product or show off one product.
Video Pin Ads
Video Pins ads are a great way to tell your audience better stories, and they’re also great for keeping their attention. Since Pinterest says that users are 53% more likely to buy a brand or product after seeing a video, this ad format works well for “how-to” or telling more exciting stories about a brand or product.
With Shopping Pins on Pinterest, you can upload products from your catalog and turn them into Pins that people can see when deciding what to buy.
Brands use them to advertise things like the newest arrivals, sales, and more. Shopping Pins are even more useful for brands because they can be filled with information about a product. They are marked with icons that users can tap to see more details on the product.
App Install Pins
You can use action-oriented ads to get people to download your app.
These Pins link to the URL of any app in the Apple Store or Google Play. When someone clicks on an App Pin, they can download the linked app without leaving Pinterest. App Pins have an easy-to-use install button, but you can also use the Pin’s description to highlight certain app features.
How to Set the Right Audience in Pinterest Ads?
With Pinterest Ads, you can put your ads in front of specific groups of people. When you set up a Pinterest Ad, you want your Pin to reach the people most likely to interact with it. This is the same as with Instagram and Facebook ads. When making ads for Pinterest, you should be clear about who you want to reach and why. Pinterest Ads allow you to get people based on gender, location, language, and device. Here are a few steps to get started:
- 1. Sign in to your business account on Pinterest.
- 2. At the top of the screen, click Ads and click Audiences.
- 3. Click Create audience.
- 4. Select Engagement.
- 5. Enter the audience’s name and a short description.
- 6. Select the type of audience you want to engage by choosing either Any engagement action or Optimized engagement actions.
Businesses that want a lot of traffic should use Pinterest Ads to get their message out. You can get the most out of the ads if you do good keyword research, choose the right audience, know your niche, and keep up with the latest trends. So, what are you waiting for? Get ahead & talk to the experts at Optimyzd to help you with the Pinterest ads.